Yum Woon Cen or Cellophane Noodle Salad
Mung bean threads salad ingredients
* 4 small bundles of Bean Threads ( Soak in cold water for 10 mints and
* 1 -2cups chicken broth
* 1 lb .fresh (shelled and divined )or frozen shrimps (thaw ) or 1 lb.
chicken breast.( sliced into bite size pieces)
* ¼ cup fresh lime juice or from 2 limes
* 3-4 tblsp. Fish sauce
* 2-3 fresh Thai chili peppers or 1 fresh jalapeno
* 1 stalks celery ( sliced)
* ½ medium red onion ( sliced )
* 3 green onions (chopped )
* 1/2 bunch cilantro ( chopped ) *
* 1 cup fresh mint
* 1 cup fresh roasted peanuts|
* 3-4 fresh roasted dried chili peppers (optional )
* Serve with1 small head Romaine lettuce or Ice berg lettuce.
Soak 4 little bundles of mung bean noodles in cold water for at least
Then drain and cut them into 4" long strips.
Heat a small pan on low heat.
Add the chili peppers and toast them until they turn real dark.(turn your
stove exhaust up to maximum so any smoke from roasting chilies don't overwhelm
you) Set the chilies aside in a bowl and then toast the roasted peanuts...just
a bit to make sure they are nice and crunchy
Next bring about 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil in a deep pan.
Add about 1 pound of fresh prawns ( If you use the frozen ones you have
to thaw them first)
.Cook the prawns until they turn pink
Add the noodle and Stir the them so they don’t stick together
When the noodles become transparent they are cooked. It only takes only
few minutes to cook them. Turn the heat off.
Put the cooked noodles and prawns in to a large mixing bowl and set it
Next mix the dressing.
Squeeze 2 fresh lime juice in a bowl
add about 3-4 tbsp fish sauce and slice 2-3 fresh Thai chili peppers or
chop about one half of jalapeno pepper (depend on how spicy you want.).
Once you are done, set the dressing aside
Next, slice up the vegetables:
about ½ of medium size red onion....
2-3 stems green onion ...
about ½ bunch of cilantro...
and 1 stalk of celery ,
and set aside
Now, take your lime juice dressing and pour it over the mixing bowl containing
your noodles and prawns
|Toss it so it mixes well.
(Taste to see if you want to add need any more lime juice or fish sauce)
Next, add the cut up vegetables to the mixing bowl and toss again
Now top with roasted peanuts and roasted dried chili pepper
Add fresh mint leaves for garnish and serve with crisp wedged Ice berg
and romaine lettuce.kol